In this blog we are going to focus upon the much heated discussion on the motherboards ASUS Prime B450M-A vs MSI 450M PRO-VDH. Both have outstanding features and performs exceptionally well. However, a detailed research and comparison will guide you to choose the best among the two.
ASUS Prime B450M-A
ASUS Prime B450 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. ASUS have melded all the good stuff that’s packed into AMD Ryzen processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, so you benefit from industry-leading technologies — including automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime B450 Series motherboard, you build smart, easy and affordably.
- Fan Xpert 2+: Flexible controls for ultimate cooling and silence, plus GPU-temperature sensing for cooler gaming
- Ultrafast connectivity: Supreme flexibility with USB 3.1 Gen 2 and native M.2
- ASUS Aura Sync header: Onboard connector for RGB LED strips, easily synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura Sync-capable hardware
- 5X Protection III: Multiple hardware safeguards for all-around system protection
MSI B450M PRO-VDH
Using only the finest quality components and integrating the latest technological innovations delivers the best possible professional experience. Combining quality you can rely on with top performance and clever business solutions are key aspects of the MSI PRO SERIES motherboards. Engineered to gratify even the most demanding professional, these motherboards will fit in any PC. Making your life easier and supporting your business with super stable, reliable and long-lasting top performance.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4-3466+(OC) Memory
- Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality.
- DDR4 Boost: Fully isolated, shielded and optimized DDR4 PCB design to give your DDR4 memory a performance boost.
- Turbo M.2: Delivering Speeds Up to 32Gb/s.
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot.
- PCI-E Steel Armor: Protecting VGA cards against bending for better performance, stability and strength.
- X-Boost: Software that auto-detects and allows you to boost the performance of any storage or USB device.
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
Now to have a better understanding about these motherboards, below are some points on ASUS Prime B450M vs MSI 450M PRO-VDH
|Technical Specifications||Asus Prime B450M-A||MSI B450M Pro-Vdh|
|CPU||AMD AM4 Socket AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/Ryzen 1st Generation Processors||Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4|
|Chipset||AMD B450 Chipset||AMD B450 Chipset|
|Memory||AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryze with Radeo Vega Graphics/ Ryze 1st Generation Processors 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Un-buffered MemoryDual Channel Memory ArchitectureECC Memory (ECC mode) support varies by CPU.* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).||– 4 x DDR4 memory slots, support up to 64GB|
– Supports 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667Mhz (by JEDEC)
– For AMD Ryzen Gen3 (R5/R7/R9)
Supports 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466/ 3733/ 3866 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE)
– For AMD Other Processors Supports 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE)
– Supports Dual Channel mode
– Supports ECC UDIMM memory (non-ECC mode)
– Support non-ECC UDIMM memory
*Please refer www.msi.com for more information on compatible memory.
|Graphic||Integrated in the AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D/D-Sub ports|
– Supports HDMI 2.0b with maximum resolution of 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz
– Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
– Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
|-1 x VGA port, supports a maximum resolution of 2048×[email protected], 1920×[email protected]|
– 1 x DVI-D port, supports a maximum resolution of 1920×[email protected]
-1 x HDMI 1.4 port, supports a maximum resolution of 4096×2160 @30Hz, 2560×1600 @60Hz
– Only support when using Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics, 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics and Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
-Maximum shared memory of 2048 MB
|Expansion Slots||– AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)|
– AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processor1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)
– AMD B450 chipset2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
|-1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot * 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen support x16 modeRyzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD|
* Ryzen with Radeon Graphics support x8 mode
* Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics support x4 mode
– 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
|Storage||AMD B450 chipset :|
-4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), Support Raid 0, 1, 10AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors :2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), Support Raid 0, 1, 10
– AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation Processors :1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*1
|AMD B450 Chipset: -4 x SATA 6Gb/s ports |
* Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10 -1 x M.2 slot (Key M)
*Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 (1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics) or PCIe 3.0 x2 (Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics) and SATA 6Gb/s
* Supports 2242/ 2260 /2280 storage devices
|LAN||Realtek RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)ASUS LANGuard||1 x Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN controller|
|Audio||Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC Audio Feature :– LED-illuminated design – Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals- Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity* Choose the chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support 8-channel audio output.||Realtek ALC892 Codec7.1-Channel High Definition Audio|
|USB||AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen 1st Generation :4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue)AMD B450 chipset :2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, )AMD B450 chipset :2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at mid-board)AMD B450 chipset :4 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at mid-board)||AMD B450 Chipset2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports through the internal USB 3.2 Gen1 connector8 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors) AMD processor4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) Type-A ports on the back panel|
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Support for Windows 10 64-bit Support for Windows 7 64-bit|
* To support Windows 7 64-bit, you must install an AMD Pinnacle Ridge & Summit Ridge CPU.
|Internal Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connector (supports additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector2 x 4-pin system fan connectors1 x Front panel audio connector2 x Front panel connectors1 x TPM module connector1 x Chassis Intrusion connector1 x Serial port connector1 x Parallel port connector1 x RGB LED strip connector1 x Clear CMOS jumper||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connector (supports additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector2 x 4-pin system fan connectors1 x Front panel audio connector2 x Front panel connectors1 x TPM module connector1 x Chassis Intrusion connector1 x Serial port connector1 x Parallel port connector1 x RGB LED strip connector1 x Clear CMOS jumper|
|Back Panel Ports||1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)1 x PS/2 mouse (green)1 x DVI-D1 x D-Sub1 x HDMI1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)2 x USB 3.1 Gen 24 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ,3 x Audio jack(s)||PS/2VGA PortUSB 2.0 PortUSB 3.2 Gen1LAN PortHD Audio ConnectorsDVI-D PortHDMI Port|
|Link to Buy||Buy Now||Buy now|
SUMMARY: Why is the Asus Prime B450M-A better than MSI B450M Pro-Vdh?
- 2 more SATA 3 Connectors (6 Vs. 4)
- Easy to Overclock
- 2 more PCIe 3.0 x 16 slots (3 Vs.1)
- 0.9 more Audio Channels (8 Vs. 7.1)
- Supports ECC Memory
- 4mm Shorter (240mm Vs. 244mm)
- Has S/PDIF Out Port
- 1 more PS/2 Port (2 Vs. 1)
- Supports the following RAM Type not supported by the counterpart: DDR4 2133 MHz, 2400 MHz.
Asus Prime B450M-A Unique Features Buy Now
1) ASUS 5X Protection III :
– ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
– ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
– ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
– ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
– ASUS DIGI+ VRM: 6 Phase digital power design
2) Superb Performance:
- Most advanced options with fast response time
Easy PC DIY:
- Safe motherboard mounting
- Component-free areas to minimize damage risk
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Slot
2. UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Featuring friendly graphics user interface
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- Multi-language BIOS
3) ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
– ASUS Fan Xpert 2+
Hence, after a detailed study, we conclude that ASUS Prime B450M wins the battle between ASUS Prime B450M-A vs MSI B450M PRO-VDH.